(If you’re wondering what happened to the dinosaurs, the project was delayed on account of bedbugs- among other things. The new fabric was in a “potentially contaminated” area and so had to be put out in the cold.)
For what it’s worth, I find definable, sequential projects like these very settling. I always know what to do next, and they give me a sense of accomplishment.
Something that stays done! Yay!
They are a type of paint-by-number, I suppose, but at least I get to pick my own colors.
These will all grow into the design at the top right. I set up a sort of assembly-line with all the bits and pieces across my couch:
Yes, those strips and bits take forever to cut (I got all the way through the BBC Jane Eyre and absolutely *killed* my knees, even on a gardener’s pad), but once you’re done, you’re done.
In all fairness, the cutting included pieces for three additional quilts of a different knot. If I’m still feeling like show-and-tell when I get there I’ll put them up.
So the results of this night’s work (the length of the Masterpiece Theatre Jane Eyre):
So… woopie for me. It’s 2 a.m. and I’ll be crashing now.