Now, to be honest, I already have a “someday” list, but I was looking at a post of Ann’s and (as I sometimes just feel like making lists) I wanted to follow her example and make a list of somedays that were based more on the challenge of doing them than the challenge of growing the skills (the list referenced above).
Here’s my first attempt.
- Learn to ride a tandem bicycle
- Do an overnight hiking/camping trip (ideally 2-way, maybe a couple days out and back)
- Adopt another Grandma (eventually)
- Perform at an open-mic night at a local coffee shop (stories or music)
- Create a storytelling curriculum–or the start of one– that teaches storytelling like children these days are taught essay-writing (as The Horse and His Boy puts it).
- Find (and fill) a female role in a musical that both has a good solo(s) and doesn’t end up kissing anyone. (Men have so many more options than woman within these parameters.)
- Finish writing a novel
- Publish a novel
- Write a song
- Climb a tree as high as I can go (more than one kind of tree).