Okay, so I can’t not-opine.
There is this idea out there that a woman’s brain turns to mush when deprived of adequate adult interaction and stimulation (Read: “You sucker Stay-at-home-moms are gonna go stupid”).
If that is true of some, it isn’t of me. More often the danger for my brain is explosion.
Writing lets off a bit of the pressure so I don’t say as many un-thought-out things in real-life.
Like yesterday, when I randomly gushed some vague, meaningless mush about how proud I was of a fellow who’s moved out of boyhood and become a man. (My toes curl just thinking about how stupid that had to sound.)
Poor dears didn’t even do anything to deserve it– I just had a few to many thoughts swirling around and the extra escaped in a blur.
(My apologies, M and A, if you’re reading this. Usually my random attacks of thought are much more organized.)
~ ~ ~
So, since it was in my mind enough to spill out, I wanted to see if I could organize these thoughts.
What do I mean by a man? (Again, this is not a thesis, only random thoughts– lest anyone expect too much).
- A male (let’s start with the basics ;) )
- Someone who has begun thinking beyond himself
- Someone who is working at making that style of thought paramount
- Someone who is using that others-focused thinking to direct his behavior
- Someone whose decision to benefit someone else is not based on receiving a reward
When we (mostly women, mostly when we were single– I hope) complain about a guy needing to “grow up,” we’re usually talking about one of these (last four) things.