Finally getting around to this.
Most of my readers know memes are a very. low. priority for me, but I enjoy quotes so this was a natural fit and I knew I’d eventually do it.
Picked this up from Thoughts of a Wannabe whom I met through the Ultimate Blog Party.
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. I’ll re-post this with all the answers in a week or so.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That’s cheating, and that’s no fun!
*Answers are now listed at the bottom of the post if you need help.*
Mouse-over the space between quotes and highlight the line to see the answer.
These aren’t all from my top-10 movies, but the lines are all those that still cause a reaction, even when I’ve seen or thought of them a number of times.
- [to the baby in his arms] I was forced to recite that poem when I was a lad. I have no idea what it means, but why should I be the only one to suffer?
- A: Then you kidnapped me!
B: Why would I kidnap…?
A: I have no idea. You’re the criminal mastermind, not me.
A: You’re right. That’s giving you way too much credit.
- [Narration] The trial of Jerome Gribben was the social event of the season. The judge in the case was the venerable Judge Zadic. Judge Zadic was totally incompetent, but being a Judge nobody had noticed.
- A: You think you’re smarter than we are.
B: Oh, not much.
- Over my dead body. (Life-or-death situation.)
- Some feel that to court a woman in one’s employ is nothing more than a serpentine effort to transform a lady into a whore.
- The only way to find out what story you’re in is to determine what stories you’re not in. Odd as it may seem, I’ve just ruled out half of Greek literature, seven fairy tales, ten Chinese fables, and determined conclusively that you are not King Hamlet, Scout Finch, Miss Marple, Frankenstein’s Monster, or a golem. Hmm? Aren’t you relieved to know you’re not a golem?
- Man: And uh… hey, while I think about it, how bout, uh, marryin’ me?
Woman: Gracious! What’d I want to marry you for?
Man: Uh, well, I dunno, couldn’t you maybe think up some reason why you might?
- American: I’m sorry, I don’t speak English.
African gunman: You are speaking English right now.
American: No, I only know how to say, “I don’t speak English” in English.
- Just a little bit louder, because this song is intended for humans, okay?
Hallmark’s Arabian Nights (Not Kid-friendly. Think pushing the boundaries of PG-13)
Enchanted (The line is so familiar I was surprised I couldn’t place it from any other movie.)
Sahara (The most-recognized answer– based on both on- and off-line guesses)
- The Emperor’s New Groove
- Stranger Than Fiction
- Undercover Blues
- Hallmark’s Arabian Nights
- Amazing Grace
- Music and Lyrics
- Kate and Leopold