When the poignancy of my “last” baby phase finally reached me it was nothing like I’d imagined.
No craving a baby to hold, no wishing for more of my own.
Mostly, I’m pathetically disappointed that my acquired skills in that area are now obsolete.
Isn’t that sad?
Anyway, just because I can I have here a compilation of all the RAFTS I’ve offered to moms that visit my blog.
- Is “homemaking” enough of a vocation?
- “How to become a saint while changing diapers.”
- Motherhood vs. Career?
- my basic stance, in response to a specific question.
- Children’s songs– not as innocent as they could be
- Making Mom’s outing(s) easier on Dad
- pertains particularly to couples with very young children
- How to pray for people you don’t know
- Including your child(ren)’s future spouse
- Talking with kids about inappropriate touch
- *Favorite* parenting books
- Baby Signing
- Yes! I’m a believer
- Carpe Diem… Patiently
- Reminding ourselves we can wait
- Kids and Questions (part 1)
- How to get your husband to help
- suggestions; not a spell or prescription
- Making Pedialyte more palatable
- Nasty, nasty tasting stuff. Don’t know why they can’t change that.
- Answering 9-month-old questions
- Kids and Questions (part 2)
- Lock-ups– a “centering” tool
- A way of calming some children
- And gitcher mind back here. We are not locking up any children.
- The Hidden Rules of Moms’ Groups
- A bit cynical, maybe, but there’s truth here too
- Why you need sled in your car if you have cold winters
- Advice for organizing your life/time with littles
- From someone who knows better than me
- Fitting your Medicine cabinet into your carry-on
- No, we’re not med-intensive people, but I’d rather have it and not need it than the reverse
- Be slow to label others’ kids
- It is too easy to form a snap judgment with too little information
- “Next Child” Advice
- Books abound that assume you’re preparing for your first baby. What about later?
- Explaining Halloween
- From someone who doesn’t like it
- Explaining Boycott to Children
- Separating how we spend money from the people who work there
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[The original post included a giveaway that is now closed.]
It would take me hours to get through all of those, and I want to. Unfortunately, I don’t have time. Very cool list thought and I’ve read several of them.
*Dear Lady!* You’ve been doing this longer than me. I think you’ve figured out something that keeps them alive and corralled!
I have spent some time looking these over . . . thank you for sharing what you’ve learned! Very helpful.
Thanks Purple Moose. I’m so glad they’ve been useful!
For what it’s worth I’ve written a couple more. Just check the “advice” link on the categories page if you’re interested.